Overall Meeting activities. Berkeley Friends Meeting members and attenders participate in quite a few service activities, with Quaker and non-Quaker groups, following the Friends community testimony.
A new group in the Meeting, the Ad Hoc Service Committee, is now working to survey members and attenders to find out with which organizations they volunteer, as well as to organize service activities in which all can participate. This Committee works with the Social and Environmental Action Committee.
Currently, members and attenders are active in the following:
- Feeding the homeless in People's Park, working with Dorothy Day House
- Cooking and serving meals to homeless youth at the YEAH Shelter in Berkeley.
Quaker-related organizations and activities. Meeting members and attenders participate in a wide variety of Quaker organizations as board members or other volunteers. These include:
- Ben Lomond Quaker Center (retreat center)
- Friends House-- Continuing Care Retirement Community
- Woolman at Sierra Friends Center (education center)
Individual concerns. In addition, individual members and attenders have their own, wide range of service and volunteer activities in which they participate.