Training to become a member of the Berkeley area Friends Committee on National Legislation (FCNL) Advocacy Team will be held from 5:30 to 9 pm on Wednesday, March 15 at the Berkeley Friends Meetinghouse. RSVP requested by March 1: http://tinyurl.com/FCNLrsvpMarch15
- The third set of classes on Women in Quakerism, this one focused on the 19th century, will soon begin. If you are interested, please email BerkeleyMeeting@gmail.com to receive the first of the readings and start preparing for classes that will begin in February. Things really heat up in the 19th century, with female Quaker abolitionists, pioneers in social work, education, medicine, art, science, and our leaders in the Women’s Rights Movement, all defying the conventions of the age. And this would never have happened without the support of the remarkable Quaker men in their lives.
The Ministry and Care committee is putting together a new program called Spiritual Life Sharing groups. These are four-person groups, for which people would meet once per month for six months, in a worship sharing format, to share about their spiritual lives since their last meeting. If you are interested, please contact Judy Tate.
- Meeting for Business, Every 2nd Sunday at 1 pm, Meetingroom
- Reading Group: Every Tuesday evening at 7:30, Meeting Library
- Poetry & Worship Sharing Group: First Wednesday evening of every month at 7:30, Meeting Parlor
- Circle of Concern, Every Sunday 1-2 pm and Thursday 12- 1 pm, west entrance to UC Berkeley