- This summer the Berkeley Food Pantry is a recipient of donated food through Safeway’s Feed the Need campaign, now underway through July 31st. To donate, customers can remove a tear sheet and donate $1, $5 or $10 at the check stand, at Safeway Community Markets on Solano and Shattuck.
- Members of Social and Environmental Action painted and finished part of the building for Youth Spirit Artworks in May and June 2018.
- An accompaniment team from the Social and Environmental Action Committee provides accompaniment services to a newly arrived immigrant family from Guatemala seeking asylum. This is done under the auspices of Nueva Esperanza to help newly arrived immigrant families.
Overall Meeting activities. Berkeley Friends Meeting members and attenders participate in quite a few service activities, with Quaker and non-Quaker groups, following the Friends community testimony.
Currently, members and attenders are active in the following:
- Feeding the homeless in People's Park, working with Dorothy Day House
- Cooking and serving meals to homeless youth at the YEAH Shelter in Berkeley
- Groups from Berkeley Friends Meeting will be getting training to serve as accompaniment and support team for immigrant individuals and families, through the East Bay Interfaith Immigration Coalition (EBIIC).
Quaker-related organizations and activities. Meeting members and attenders participate in a wide variety of Quaker organizations as board members or other volunteers. These include:
- Ben Lomond Quaker Center (retreat center)
- Friends House-- Continuing Care Retirement Community
- Woolman at Sierra Friends Center (education center)
Individual concerns. In addition, individual members and attenders have their own, wide range of service and volunteer activities in which they participate.